With an early Finish i was soon heading up the Garburn pass,the valleys showing lovely browns and the tops a nice white hat on













Camp for the night was just over the above hill,leaving me to find a pitch ontop of Thornthwaite crag summit,sadly the views went soon after i arrived







My shelter was my old faithful Trailstar,by Mld





It did stay clear long enough for me to get a few pics off








It had been a while since id been out with my Mld Trailstar but soon she was up and i set up and crawled inside my down cocoon














The next morning was fresh around -5c but the fresh wind was sending up the windchill,as i tried to snap some pics as the cloud came and went







His lordship waiting for me to stop clicking away and get him some breakfast











Finally a little sun reached the shelter










The dawn was ok,but cloud obscured,the windchill was vicious









Id agreed to meet Lee at Kirkstone pub at 12 so i wondered over that way and just had time for a quick bowl of chips and a fresh filter coffee





With Lee onboard we moved up Red Screes and then down to Middle Dodd and then wandered round to Camp on the summit of Snarker pike,which gave us good views,and the wall knocked the wind off

























Id taken my SLR camera so had a play around but the windchill was a pig on the fingers,sadly none off the Gopro as i was to leave it behind the next day :(






Another coolish night,that gave us an ok Sunrise














Sun kissed Lakeland peaks abound































It was a stunning day to be high,but on Red Screes summit at 9-30 am it was 3.8c and a windchill off -13.9c ..but stunning views 









Lee gave me a lift down to my car at Limefitt and sadly between swapping stuff between cars i left my Pacer poles and Gopro behind,a very quick drive back after getting home sadly did not find them..someone must have picked them up between 12-30 and 1-30pm on the 14th Feb,not much hope now 3 days later....so sorry but no more vids for a while..




Safe travels peter



Comments

  1. Hi, great photos and nice to find your site. Inspiring. I must have been up in the hills around the time you were. Blessed with the weather. I have a Trailstar and not ventured out in the winter with it though, as I also backpack with my dog and worried about keeping him warm enough. I usually use my Hilleberg Akto or Soulo when with the dog as I can keep it a little warmer than the open Trailstar. How do you keep the dog warm? I have a mat for my dog and a Hurtta insulated coat. Any issues with your dog and the cold in a Trailstar? Any advice welcomed.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ,I've used TS for last 5 yrs and Duomid fir last year, if you have a look I've done a blog of stuff I take for dog,during the nite I out my Montane Extreme smock over the top of him ..he sleeps on his own on his own tub floor .shud be able to see it on some of my other trip reports ..For winter I have half of a 8mm foam with reflective foil stuck on one side,think it was 12 quid ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Crainlarich Munros Day 3 & 4 Xmid2 and Trailstar shelters

A circuit of Seathwaite,wild camp...Mld Solomid,Duomid,Scarp 1 ..

The Crainlarich Munros Day 1 & 2 Xmid2 & Trailstar shelter